Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failure Sinking Events IWebBrowser2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHLHocky

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
US
I don't know whay happened but now I keep getting a pop up box from IEH elper stating Failure SInking Events IWEBBrowser 2 and I have to click ok. How do I fix this from happening.
Thanks

Disable 3rd party browser extensions in the Advanced tab of Internet Options...and it should go away...

gargouille

Thanks a ton... This was annoying the heck out of me and guess what... Couldn't find solution anywhere, even MS Technet... [2thumbsup]

Great, thank you!!

Again, couldn't find solution anywhere!

I'm not able to find the 3rd party browser extensions in the Advanced tab of Internet Options. What am I missing?

To solve that problem with "Failure sinking events in IWebbrowser2" go to Tools then under Internet Options look at the Advanced tab. Uncheck the Enable third party extensions [requires restart], this is in the Browsing section. Close Internet Explorer and click to enable it again. The problem should be solve now.

Well, this SHOULD have been a good thread for me. I even knew the answer. And just to sort of pat myself on the back, I went to my IE 5.5 Internet Options/Advanced tab,
where the FREAKIN OPTION was yesterday when I had 5.0 loaded, and LO and BEHOLD. IT'S GONE! Does anybody know WTF is up with this?! I JUST did an upgrade to 5.5 from 5.0 tonight. It fixed some other problems, but I certainly did NOT expect it to take away THAT option. Until just this second, I assumed it was there. We can't upload screenshots or I'd upload a shot from yesterday and today (I like to keep a record of configuration menus to help with the inevitable reinstalls.) But I guarantee it ain't there now! Anybody know HOW TO GET IT BACK? (If this is just too O/T, let me know and I'll repost. I figured it was on topic because maybe somebody else will notice the same thing.) Thanks.

Balls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back