Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failure Querying Writer Status??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujump

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
US
All help resolving this would be much appricatated.

Keep getting this error below when backup exec Exchange daily fails. I've tried the backup exec fix article #278212 with no success. My application log also is getting this error:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "QMBACKUP") (Job: "Exchange Daily - QMB2D02") Exchange Daily - QMB2D02 -- The job failed with the following error: A failure occurred querying the Writer status.

Backup- Servername
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Servername\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
Writer Name: Exchange Server, Writer ID: {76FE1AC4-15F7-4BCD-987E-8E1ACB462FB7}, Last error: The VSS Writer failed, but the operation can be retried (0x800423f3), State: Failed during prepare backup operation (7). Consult your Microsoft documentation for details. Check the Windows Event Viewer for corresponding application or system errors.

I had this problem and disabled the AOFO and it's been backing up fine ever since I have 11d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back