Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fails to Inserts two columns but no error given

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan Ganesan

Programmer
May 10, 2017
US
There are two tables in MS Access that are identical,they are linked tables,but the structure is same even though their database is different,so i tried

INSERT INTO TableA
SELECT *
FROM TableB

but it inserts three columns and two columns data is not inserted and left blank,but it doesnt give any error so what should i do to make sure all the 5 columns are inserted

Thanks

Do ANY of the Receiver_ID values exist in BOTH tables?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

When i load the data into the Destination table it is empty,so there are no values for anything ,so no value for Receiver_ID

Ok i tried manually entering data into the Name fields and its giving the Write Conflict error,

It says This Record has been changed by another user since you started editing it.If you save the record ,you will overwrite the changes the other user made

When i load the data into the Destination table it is empty,so there are no values for anything ,so no value for Receiver_ID

???

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

That was when i tried in MS Access,like open the table and just enter the Last Name field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back