Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failover trunk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuty42

Vendor
Mar 8, 2016
US
I have no idea if this is available or not but it worth a try. Running IP Office 500v2 v.9.1 with VM Pro.

We have a client that cannot get SIP Trunks, (geographical limitations), and their LD bills are outrageous. We want to bring in a SIP Trunk for outbound calling only. The actual DID on the SIP Trunk will not be local to their business. So basically LD calls go out the SIP trunk and local and incoming calls use the ISP's PRI. That I know can be done. My question is if we get 8 SIP Channels and 9 people want to make a LD call can we somehow get the call to fail back to use the PRI?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Can I assume you are talking about the Alternate Route portion of the ARS table?

incoming SIP trunks most likely due to the exchange not being able to get ported onto SIP.

Yes you have 2 options for this
1. set the outgoing LD calls in the ARS to use the SIP trunk and be done

2. create 2 ARS tables where you set the first ARS table like described in option 1 and then the second ARS table uses the local lines for LD call
set the second ARS table as overflow of ARS table 1 in case all SIP trunks are in use or out of service

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Westi said:
incoming SIP trunks most likely due to the exchange not being able to get ported onto SIP.
Have you had a rough night?[bigsmile]

no I was answering amriddle's question.

But TBH it was late and I was tired.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back