Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failing Backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

copperslim

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
GB
The backups on the my sun Server are failing because the tape is filling and asks for a second tape. The Tape unit is a Sun DLT 15/35 GB drive, I have a Compaq 35/70 GB DLT IV Unit I could use, would it be compatible.

Not sure about the DLT, but I'm sure someone else might know. Just as an aside, are you using the compressed version of the device driver (eg /dev/rmt/0c) for your backup or just the standard device. If not, it might be worth giving that a shot. HTH.

The Compaq DLT IV will work without any issues...if you continue to use the same tapes that were used in the DLT4000 (Sun DLT 15/35), you should either override ( enable compression) using front panel on the new drive or use new dlt tapes....by default Solaris uses compression on tape drive ( eg. /dev/rmt/0 you donot have to specify 0c ...just make sure your st.conf is configured properly and the patch for st.conf is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back