Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptHarrased

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
GB
Not too surprising failed with a 656! Not too happy as every question on subnetting was in the /28 style!!! Loads of the buggers as well. I reckon i bailed purely on the subnet stuff as all 3 sims i had required you work out correct subnets first! Plus at least another ten questions purely on subnetting. If your going to take this exam be warned. Be able to subnet in your sleep!

And what exactly is so difficult about /28 addresses?

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

Subnetting is straight forward now - best advice is to refer to the chapter in Todd Lammle CCNA study guide on Subnetting - he uses the 256 (minus) subnet mask to work out how many networks you can have etc.

I used this book while on the Academy program - better than some of the material the academy offers.

Also recommend - fantastic site for sims and exam preparation

Best of luck when you resit

Steve
CCNA

Don't let that discourage you, I received a 758 then a 822. Just keep studying. You will get it.

Cheers Guys,

Problem was I hadnt had too much time to cram. Graduated from the academy top of my class last year and stupidly thought that i would still be able to pass. Thing is the academy stuff is all standard dot decimal format so when i got to do the exam i didnt know what the CIDR format was. Read up on it now and yeah in hindsight it does seem easier but only if you know what the hell it means!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back