Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to update

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikind

MIS
Dec 11, 2003
US
Hi,

I am trying to lookup on the target based on DATA_EXCPT_CD and want insert new records and update the DATA_EXCPT_DESC or DATA_EXCPT_SVRY_CD based for existing records.

When i run through the debugger my mapping updates existing rows
but after i run the workflow it

ERROR: Target table [EXCPT_CD_STG] does not allow UPDATE
Row # [0] in bad file

WRITER_1_*_1> CMN_1053 : Rowdata: ( RowType=1(update) Src Rowid=1 Targ Rowid=1
DATA_EXCPT_CD (DATA_EXCPT_CD:Char.3:): "1"
DATA_EXCPT_DESC (DATA_EXCPT_DESC:Char.100:): "Patient"
DATA_EXCPT_PRO (DATA_EXCPT_PRO:Char.1:): "1"
DATA_EXCPT_SVRY_CD (DATA_EXCPT_SVRY_CD:Char.3:): "1"
REC_CRTN_DT_TM (REC_CRTN_DT_TM:Date:): "09/07/2004 04:47:57"
LOAD_DT_TM (LOAD_DT_TM:Date:): "10/11/2004 19:38:57"
DATA_DT_TM (DATA_DT_TM:Date:): "10/11/2004 19:38:57"
)

I selected the source as data driven and for target I tried to select different options Update else insert or update as update.
but every time it rejects the records with existing DATA_EXCPT_CD.

the target database is in oracle.

would really appreciate your help!!

thanks

Do you have a primary key defined on the target table ? If you don't have a primary key defined, Informatica won't be able to update it because it doesn't know which fields to use in the "where" clause of the update statement it generates.

the pk is DATA_EXCPT_CD. and i am using router followed by update strategy transformations but still no luck

Check you have privileges to update the table. Log on as the user who runs the Informatica jobs using SQL*Plus and run a test update against the table.

In the logfile for the job, there will be a section where it shows the format of update/insert/delete statements to be used against each target. It will look something like:

WRITER_1_1_1> WRT_8124 Target Table XXXXXX :SQL UPDATE statement:
UPDATE XXXXXXX SET ....

Have a look at this and see if it seems reasonable.

I think the basic problem will be the primary key only that is available in the target. The same issue I have faced. The updation will happen if the source table & target table keys matches.

Regards
vln

Can I clarify that, when you say there is a primary key defined on the target, you mean this is defined to Informatica, not just defined on the database.

Yes, I mean in the source & target transformation.

Thanks
VLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back