Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to start connection center

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcint

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2002
GB
After reinstalling ICA Client 6.20.986 on NT 4 workstation (for MF 1.8 on an NT server), I now get the error message "Failed to start connection center" every time I try to run a published app, or a custom ICA connection created in PN. If, however, I run an ICA file, it seems to work. I have tried totally removing and reinstalling the client (including scouring the registry for all citrix related entries), installing it with and without pass through enabled, all to no avail. Does anyone know specifically what this error message indicates? The next thing I will try is to rename my ntuser.daty file before logging on, in case I missed something in the registry.

Thanks

You may want to check that you do not have multiple MODULE.INI files on the workstation. There should be one instance in the C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client folder.

I am also getting this problem. The published app is called via a shortcut placed in the startup folder of the start menu. When the user logs in the "Failed to start connection center" message appears. If they then click the shortcut on the start menu manually once the logon process has finished the published app loads normally. There is only one copy of module.ini on the PC's harddisk (after the user has logged in, anyway). Subsequent logons to the PC work fine and this is still the case even after a reboot. I am going to rebuild the PC from scratch and this time compare the files on the harddisc before and after the first logon to see what (if anything) has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back