Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to recieve data from Client Agent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallwaveEmp

Technical User
Aug 30, 2002
If I do not have a tape immediately available, I get this message, then the job resumes from the next session.

Is my backup hosed at this point? Does this lead to an "Invalid Session header?"

D

Hi,
Can you give details abt your Arcserve version, service pack, server...

ArcserveFreek "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

Arcserve 2k, SP4, Win2k SP3.

Unsure of Client agent versions - I am still getting a handle on them.

D

Need more information. What is ARCServe trying to do? If it is kicking a job to restore data from a tape, then you might get this message. Look for an error code next to the message. This will be very useful in debugging as to the problem that you might be having. Hope this helps...... Cheers!
Virus Baba

Baba counting starts now..........

A (long) backup is being performed. Somewhere in the middle of the night, the job needs a new tape, and does not have one available.

WHen I get in, and do an import, the job restarts - again, at the next session, after the 8522 error is logged.

D

Try this:

On the computers running the client agent, run regedit and go to HKLM\Software\ComputerAssociates\ARCserveIT\ClientAgent\Parameters and change two settings - SendTimeOut and ReceiveTimeOut to higher values. I set both of these to decimal 3600, which gives me more time in which to load a new tape. I think the value represents seconds, but I can't guarantee that.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back