Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to Open the Connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgmin

Programmer
May 20, 2005
US
I am using Crystal XI. I am connecting to a SQL database via ODBC. The report works fine in Crystal, but when I publish it to the web I get an error message "Failed to Open the Connection". I get the same error message in the Crystal Console Manager when I try to preview it. I am using SQL authentication. Any ideas?

Thanks.

lgmin

hi
try using your nt login or your administrator

Durango122
Remember to used all fingers when waving to policemen :)

Our webmaster does not want us using NT login, but we did try that just to see if it would work and it did not. Do I need a trusted connection, and if so, how do I set that?

Thanks

Did you set the database connection tab in CRS?

Did you set up the ODBC connection on the CRS?

One of those are likely the culprit here.

-k

Yes, those are both set up.

Did you solve this issue as I have the same problem. I have everything I can think of set up.

When ever you publish a Crystal report into Crystal enterprise you have to set the database. If you are in console management please click process and click database and set the database. I don't have CE right now else I can explain in details.

Does this box has crystal reports and if it does, does the report run the on the the server?. Always log on to the server using the same logon under which all the CE services run. This way you won't have to second guess the permission issues.

Srinath

I have a similar problem as decribed here. I too am using Crystal Server XI with SQL Server (v. 8), both installed on the same server box.

I have created and published reports to the web. From my own PC (not the server), I can open InfoView, find the report and view it. But when I try to schedule the report to run, it always fails. Here is the error message:

Failed to open the connection. C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11\Data\procSched\servername.reportjobserver\~tmp1fec461f1892b310.rpt

Hi,
Be sure the accounts that the pageserver and the reportjobserver run under have access permissions to the database's location.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I am using Windows NT authentication. The userid I am using has admin rights to the server box where Crystal Server XI and SQL Server 8 are both installed, and admin rights to the schema that is the datasource for the report.

The following fixed it for me: "Base reports off System DSNs (and not File or User DSNs), and set up each System DSN identically on every Job Server, Page Server, and RAS machine that will process the report." This was taken from their help files.

The help file is located in the below dir of your CR Server:
"/businessobjects/enterprise11/adminlaunch/help/en/administration/html/default.htm" then click on the index tab and scroll down to "databases". There you will see the section on "troubleshooting logon" which displays many of the common reasons why one is not able to logon to their DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back