Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to logon to database

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilg

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have been having no end of problems with my arcserve database engine.

Whenever a job completes the database is not updated and the log complains with the following error:

Failed to logon to ArserveIT Database (EC= -2005)

I also recieve errors like:

E3530 failed to logon to database (EC= -2005)

As this is happening my database is not being updated.

Please help.

Regards,

Pilg.

I have checked permissions on the Arcserve share and the Arcserve system account have full rights.

I am having the same problem. Tried intilializing the the database, but problem still occurs. I am running arcserve 11 on
a windows 2000 server. I am going to try and replace the entire database directory with a clean database and see if this solves the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

First go to the ArcServ Server admin and then Selecte the Admin menu. From the Admin menu select the Arcserve System Account If you have already entered some user name and password just say ok to verify. If this account is haveing the permision then you will not get any error. Otherwise you will get the error. Now you have enter the correct user anme and password as well domain.

Second thing Select the database engine and select the Operation then select the Initizialise the Database may be you have to select the all this casue you will lose the database. But this will rectify your problem.

Hi,

Since when did you run into this problem?
Was the Server name changed. ??
if so..
check for values of RNNAME\LNNAME variables on the ENV variables..
you might get this problem if they are carrying an incorrect value..

ec=-2005 usually is a permissions issue..

Also.. open a command line and CD into the ARCserve directory..
type "Vping Casdb" (without quotes)

if this fails to connect..

open the admin.exe in the bab folder..
on the server menu clik on Login

Server = casdb
user = admin
password = secret

if it lets you in.. you have to enable debug on your database to investigate further..

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back