Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAILED TO LOGIN TO THE AGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBI

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
DE
hi,
I use Arcserve6.5 build622 on Nt 4.0 sp6a.
When I go to ->job status->modify job -> cheyenne agents -> windows nt agent and I add a new object i can't see the shared resource into that object.
The error is: FAILED TO LOGIN TO THE AGENT but the username and the psw are right !
Any ideas ?
Thanks very much for any help you may have
IBI

Are you typing in the authentication as

DOMAIN\username?

then password?

The DOMAIN is very important.....

guru

Yes, but the message is the same !

.....the error in the activity log is:
E8523 FAILED TO SEND DATA TO CLIENT AGENT

Let me know how recreating the job goes... good luck. if it doesn't work we'll try replacing the job queue.

Also, you might want to make sure the backup agent RPC service is running on the remote server.

guru

I recreate the job with negative response ....
If i go in the client agent for windows NT domain the agent service is running but in the connection there is nothing.
If i do a ping -l 1024 (ip client ) to the clients'machine it responde.

Do i need some patch for the client agent ? :(

IBI

When creating a backup job can you go through the client agent, put in your credentials, then open up the C: or d: drive? In the client agent admin you should also be able to specify the IP address of the NIC doing the backups. Let me knowif you have made any headway with these suggestions.

P.S. Are you sure the credentials are correct???

HI,
I resolve my problem ..... I install a patch for the client agent and now I can see the shared resource.

Thanks
IBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back