Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to load control 'CRViewer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlkamurphy

Programmer
Feb 7, 2001
US
Run time error '372'
Failed to load control 'CRViewer' from crviewer.dll. Your version on crviewer.dll may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

This happens on end user machines when trying to access the Crystal Report Viewer from a VB6 application. If someone with administrator rights signs on same machine, everything works fine. Machine is running NT 4.0, and DOES NOT have VB or Crystal Report sortware packages on their desktops.

Have tried copying the dll from my machine to client and registering it to no avail.

Thanks

Brett,

Thanks for the quick response. I did use the Package and Deployment wizard to build and distribute the application, so the DLL should be the same (they have the same version #).

Jim

Are you sure you included all of the requiered crystal dlls when you created the setup package?

Woyler,

I believe I've added everything I was suppose to, if I did leave anything out, why can a person with administrator rigths access this application with no problems?

Thanks,

Jim

Sometimes a person will have different dll's on thier machine bacuse they have a certain program that other users may not. It is always good to test your deployment package on a clean test machine to pick up missing dll's and ocx's that the deployment wizard misses (and it dodes miss a lot) you have to manually add them to your package.

Just add the ocx or dll you are missing to your package and try again or if there is only one user you cna sometimes just do a file transfer of missing one.

Good Luck

I have the same problem, but the application is running on terminal server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back