Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to get the Infrastructure Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy0069

ISP
Jan 14, 2003
Every since I installed Windows Server 2003, Service Pack 1 on my Exchange Servers and Domain controllers, MOM Workgroup Edition gives me the following information notice on the management server:

"Failed to get the Infrastructure Master for the domain 'DomainDnsZones.companydomain.com'.
This will cause an incomplete topology to be displayed.
The error returned was:

The error returned was: 'Failed to get the 'fSMORoleOwner' attribute from the object 'LDAP://DomainDnsZones.companydomain.com/<WKGUID=2fbac1870ade11d297c400c04fd8d5cd,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=companydomain,DC=com>'.
The error returned was: 'There is no such object on the server.' (0x80072030)' (0x80072030)"

Has anyone seen this before, any suggestions? I tried to update the gpo objects with the service pack 1 adprep tool, which is what the solution says to do, but to no avail.

Thanks,

Eric

epohl,
Thank you for the link and the suggestion, unfortunately, this solution did not work. MOM still reports on the management server that is was unable to get the Infrastructure Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back