Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to fetch the saveset

Status
Not open for further replies.

phbeauverd

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2002
CH
The server send me x times a day the following message :

NetWorker adv_file: (warning) Failed to fetch the saveset(ss_t) structure for ssid 1215440372

I tried to delete this saveset using

nsrmm -dPy -S 1215440372
5875:nsrmm: save set 1215440372 does not exist

This saveset was or still is on an adv_file but not anymore in the volumes index... Is there a possibility to find where this saveset was stored (disk volume) in order to stage the whole disk et then to relabel the disk backup volume ??

Thank you in advance

Hello,

try mminfo -q "ssid=1215440372" -q "volume" in order to confirm that the saveset is not known to the media database.

If your ssid is deleted, the only way to recover it is to scan your adv_file with the 'scanner' command.

Fortunately, I do not need to restore this saveset but to delete it definitely from everywhere in order that this message do not appear anymore.

have you tried the given mminfo command ?

have you tried a nsrck -m, in order to 'scavenge' the media database, if any ?

I have try a nsrstage on every disk volumes and I have found the source of my problem, each time I do

nsrstage -C -V B2D.001

networker send me an email with the error.

I will do the folowing :
stage all savesets of the faulty volume
relabel the disk volume to erase the content
try again nsrstage...

thanks for the help

To delete the save set from the media index (and the file index, if it is still exist here), you just need to modify your command slightly:

nsrmm -dPy -S 1215440372 (deletes CFI info only)

To:
nsrmm -dy -S 1215440372 (deletes CFI AND MI info)

However, it seems that the nsrstage command finds a save set by SCANNING the media. That's when a save set will be listed which does not exist in the media index any more.

You should be able to delete the backup files on the media refering to this ssid. A new SCAN process can not detect what does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back