Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to disable hardware encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutchingsp

Technical User
Sep 27, 2008
GB
Woohoo!!

Updated Galaxy today to 8.0 and my first backup job just ran and failed:

Error Code: [40:99]
Description: Failed to disable hardware encryption on the hardware device. Please make sure that your device supports hardware encryption and it's functioning correctly.

Windows x64 media agent, Exchange database iDataAgent and LTO4 Dell TL2000 tape library we don’t use hardware encryption or have it enabled (knowingly!).

I've emailed support but figured post here as well.

I'm interested in any solution you get for this problem (either yourselves or from CV support) so I hope you'll post here.

It transpires there's a MediaAgent update that fixes this, however prior to the hotfix (11606) I did have one set of backups run after logging into the tape library web GUI and setting "Encryption" from "None" to "Application Managed" (which I guess means let Commvault manage it and tell it we don't want to use it).

Seems fine since the hotfix though.

i had this problem before. Customer using Dell TL4000 LTO4. My solution was, go into Dell TL2000/4000 console. go to "encryption" and select "none" or "application managed encryption" and select "activate".

Hope it helps.

Great Info, Are your ML2000/ML4000 tape libraries doing compression on your LTO-4's or are you getting native <800GB tape compression. We have an ML6020 and are not getting any compression.

Thanks in advance

Mitmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back