Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to deploy base media on the AAMS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianCosta

Systems Engineer
Oct 25, 2018
JO
Hi,

When accessing Prompt Management from CCMA.
The System was unable to connect to the media server.
In the CCMA webpage for the AMS server when we click on the content store check box it is failing.
The Server is Hardware Appliance, and As described in the deployment it should work as is there no additional configuration to do, All service is licensed and started, and All is configured correctly on Both CCMA and AMS.

How to Resolve this issue ???

Thanks

Assuming Security disabled in ACCS, if not then correct SSL certs etc required which is whole different ballgame.
Ensure ACCS host entry & trusted IP is in AMS. See ACCS deployment docs for where to update them.
If ACCS is HA then both ACCS servers & managed address need host entries & trusted IP's.

Hi ..

@aoh74: Yes, The security is disabled, I am using TCP Connection.
From AMS, I can create a content group, and add media to it, and I can see the content group in Prompt Management but can't open it.
also when I call the Sample CDN, I can hear the default announcement " welcome to ... "
the solution is not HA, but I have both Primary and secondary server, and on the locense file 2 ACCS Enablement, and 2 CTI, and 2 Free IP Endpoint.
I see on the Bussiness Continouty doc. the configuration that must I do for this,

1_x6k8yz.png

2_z6v5oq.png

3_ghxm56.png

Make sure that AAMS-HV is resolvable in DNS, add an entry if necessary.
Use the AMS deployment guide from AACC documentation as it has more than ACCS docs about AMS specific settings for
name resolution and trusted address config.

@aoh74:

Make sure that AAMS-HV is resolvable in DNS, add an entry if necessary.

you mean 172.16.70.7 must be resolvable to AAMS-HA in the Customer DNS

for name resolution:

Untitled_puyogq.png

for Trusted node Address: Like this

truated_jop0bh.png

for both name resolution and trusted node address, it's configured.

Thanks

@aoh74:

I see on AMS the following Warning:

4_yhegac.png

5_svu3vm.png

Is this Error that will cause this issue, and How can I solve this as I don't have experience on Avaya Aura Media Server, search on this warning error and not found any solution to solve it?

I dont think that error is causing the issue & it can be fixed by creating a self signed cert in AMS and applying it (assuming TLS/SSL is not in use).
Check the following again:
Avaya Aura Media Server Configuration-
The following configuration must be carried out on all AAMS servers (VMWare OVA and Hyper-V).
1. Launch AAMS Element Manager and browse to System Configuration >> Network Settings >> General Settings >> Connection Security
2. Un-tick “Verify Host Name” setting and hit the “Save” button followed by “Confirm”.
3. If using TLS SRTP media security then skip to step 6.
4. Browse to System Configuration >> Network Settings >> General Settings >> SOAP
5. Add ACCS IP Address into SOAP Trusted Nodes.
6. Hit the “Save” button followed by “Confirm”
7. Browse to System Configuration >> Signalling Protocols >> SIP >> Nodes and Routes
8. Add ACCs IP Address into SIP Trusted Nodes.
9. Ensure that AAMS can resolve both the hostname and Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the CCMA server by pinging the CCMA hostname and FQDN from the AAMS.
10. Ensure ACCS can resolve both the hostname and Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the AMS server by pinging the hostname and FQDN from the AAMS.
• Name resolution can be achieved either by using a DNS server or editing the hosts file on the ACCS.
• The AAMS OVA and Hyper-V deployments do not allow root ssh access, so the ability to edit the hosts file is provided in Element Manager:
• On EM navigate to System Configuration > Network Settings > Name Resolution and enter the hostname and FQDN name resolution of the CCMA server.

Also since 7.1.x:
CCMA -> Configuration -> Media Servers has AMS added actual AMS Host/FQDN name. Arbitrary names such as AvayaMediaServer can NOT be used anymore.

Check CCMA_PrompManagement.log on ACCS

Step 10 there should be pinging from ACCS, not AMS.

@aoh74:
your steps is for (VMWare OVA and Hyper-V), what's I have is Hardware Appliance.

@aoh74: Unfortunately, Check and Apply all steps above but the problems still exist.

The Strange thing is that I can Access Media Management through Media Server and I can upload to it .
The Default Media is working.

What're the Problems I don't Know ????

One, or all of those steps have fixed it for me whenever it has happened (several times on both ACCS & AACC).
It usually fails for some security reason due to servername, fqdn etc.
Try accessing Prompt Mgmt from Launchpad & when it fails grab the CCMA_PrompManagement.log on ACCS.
Also grab the CCMA_CCMAAMSService.log file. Both are in d:\avaya\logs\ccma
Might give a clue.

@aoh74:

For this steps:

9. Ensure that AAMS can resolve both the hostname and Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the CCMA server by pinging the CCMA hostname and FQDN from the AAMS.
10. Ensure ACCS can resolve both the hostname and Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the AMS server by pinging the hostname and FQDN from the AAMS.

This is what means as I understand:

The IP Address of the CCMA is 172.16.70.6, The Server name is ACCSEDCO
Now when Ping ACCSEDCO it's a reply 172.16.70.6

The IP Address of the Media Server is 172.16.70.7, the name is AAMS-HA
Now when Ping AAMS-HA it replies 172.16.70.7

Thanks

Check FQDN also so AAMS-HA.edco.jo etc.
But in those logfiles I mentioned see if it is trying the FQDN or hostname only.
If FQDN try changing it to FQDN under Media Servers in ACCS.

That CCMA_CCMAAMSService logfile must be there or there is something very wrong going on.

@aoh74:

I search file by file, any why thank you for your reaction

@aoh74:

I think I found where is the Error, But I don't know how to correct it without affect the ACCS server

On CCMA > Configuration > Media Server, the server name is AAMS-HV
On Media Server, the server name is AAMS-HV.edco.jo

MediaServer_hgffru.png

MediaServer3_ikil4z.png

Is this will cause the issue, and if it, how we can correct it without affecting anything, the ACCS is now up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back