Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed Restore Arcserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbs25

Technical User
Feb 27, 2004
BR
Hi

I try to do a restore (ARCServe 2000 Advanced Edition SP5), but a get the follow error:

E8605 Failed to start restore. (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes\User name\Inbox, EC=Backup Agent Error -- ( 354 ) "Failed to find the object information".)

I went to CA´s Site but i can´t get an information to resolve the problem. It only gives the cause of the problem.

Help!!

Thanks

MUser2004

we you to give brife description about what are exactly doing the restore operation.

I am having the same problem. I am trying to do a brick level restore to an Exchange server. My server crashed and I had to rebuild the server from scratch. I have re-created a mailboxes for the users and initiated them by sending an Email to them. WHen I go to restore and select the mailbox that I wish to restore the mail into, I get the error.

E8605 failed to start Restore (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes\XXX EC=Backup Agent Error---(354) Failed to find the object information).

Any help on this would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks very much

Kevin

Kevstar, probably a bit late for you but I have had the same problem this week and believe I have an answer that might have worked for you.

Merge the tape into the database.

Sounds stupid but it worked for me although the tape I was restoring from was still in the database (it was only 2 days old). I could expand the brick level tree to see the mailbox I wanted to restore but the restore kept failing with the exact error message you quote above.

I did a merge on the tape and then I was able to restore the mailbox without changing anything else.

Other possible issues were as well as initialising the mailbox by sending an e-mail to it, actually logon to the mailbox.

Finally, ensure the account names/passwords are the correct ones. The ones that BS/Arcserve puts in by default won't be correct.

Session account is DOMAIN\Username of the account that runs the backup and the Exchange Agent(DB) is the one that the Arcserve/Brighstor Exchange Backup Agent is configured with.

Hope this is of help to someone.

Actually, re-reading your post I realise that your situation was very different.

You were doing a complete rebuild which prompts the question why were you doing brick level restores? You needed to do a DR recovery (in which there are plenty of threads on this board and some FAQ's).

However, my info might be relevant to people doing normal brick-level restores to retrieve individual mailboxes or specific items within.

Kevstar, did you use the 'restore to original location' as destination option flag ?? If so change this by pointing to the brick level agent and then perform the restore again.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back