Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed Jobs? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsz11

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2001
US
My backups seem to be running and they seem to write to the tapes and complete. But It says that the backup operation has failed. Can anyone tell me why this is doing that?

It would help if we knew your OS (including Service Pack), your version of Arcserve, and the error message(s) displayed. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

WIN 2000 Server
Service Pack 2
Arcserve 2000
Backup operation has failed!

Open Arcserve 2000 job status and hi-lite the job that failed. Click on the Activity log tab. Does it say anywhere in the log what caused it to fail? If not, try viewing the log files located in the Computer Associates\Arcserve\logs folder. Each job is assigned a LogID. View the log folder that matches the logID assigned to your failed job. Usually this log is pretty good at describing why the job failed.
Angela Daugherty
adaugherty@bvha.org

Possible failures due to files being in use, example mailbox files, *.pab etc
When are your backups scheduled?

What's the error message(s) you are getting?

This happens with me too when I'm backing up NT servers and am not using a client agent to do so. The job "fails" because it can't back up the admin$ share on the server (why, I don't know?). But all the data is still successfully backed up. Weird little quirk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back