Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAILED INTRO EXAM YESTERDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggedd2k

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2004
GB
GOT 762 OUT OF 825. FAILED.

WHAT IS CONCERNING ME IS THAT I KEPT A TALLY OF THE QUESTIONS I WAS NOT 100% SURE OF - 5 TO BE EXACT. ALL OTHER QUESTIONS I WAS HAPPY WITH.

STILL FAILED.

USED CISCOPRESS BOOK BY WENDELL PLUS TESTKING.

GUTTED.

What were the 5 questions? Some are more heavily weighted than others; simulations in particular.

one was one of the sims. i assigned the wrong "default" subnet mask to a class b address.

I've just bought testking for the intro exam. EVERY single question from my exam is in it.

gonna read through testking at least twice, cross reference the material and have another crack.

Failed the cnna main exam 3 times so far plus failed the intro exam yesterday. I think cisco have it in for me!!

I'd be willing getting the sim right would have put you over 800, if not passing the whole thing.

And I feel your pain, I just failed my ICND test for the 3rd time this morning, after passing the INTRO test on the first try. And I've been working on an actual lab setup at work since June on this stuff, plus some bits of OTJ experience here and there over the last 5-6 years.

cheers lundah. i reckon so too with the sim. it just goes to show that you really do need to know everything for the ccna - whichever exams you take for it.

still I'll keep going - you only fail if you give up

good luck

Passed Intro Exam on the 16th, score 916. Celtic Rover website was invaluable for preparing for this exam.
If you pay the $18.99 US registration, you get acess to dozens of prep exams that cover each category you will be tested in, plus there are a couple of simulators to practice with.
This exam is not that difficult, put forth a good amount of study time with the site mentioned above, and you will do fine.
Basic subnetting, TCP, router interface configuration, spanning tree protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back