Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed getting rowset(s) from current data source???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightseeker

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
US
I develop with VB 6.0 SP5 on Win2k. I'm deploying to Win95a pentium 166. I've included MDAC 2.0 in my PDW install package. I've also run DCOM98 on the target system. I have a Win95a Celeron 533 system networked with my Win2k machine so I can develop on Win2k and deploy to test on my Win95a system easily. MY SYSTEM WORKS FINE! When I deploy to the pentium 166, and go to the datareport, I get "runtime error 8577: failed getting rowset(s) from current data source".

Does anyone know why this is occurring?

Also, in my original app on Win2k, there are textboxes with alignment set to vbcenter, but on the Win95 system they are all left justified and I can't do anything to change it!

lightseeker

Having included MDAC into your package, I would start checking path statements in your connection for your Data Report. This will also give the same error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back