Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed connecting to service EXEC 8.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamaz17

Technical User
Mar 31, 2004
CA
Hey everyone, I'm new to this stuff and I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm running EXEC 8.6 on a W2K network. Everything USED to work fine, but I changed the admin password and since then I have been unable to log on to the Backup Exec server, I get an error "Failed connecting to service" I receive this error when connecting from the remote admin machine, when I try and connect to Backup Exec from the machine that the backup server is installed on it just sits there forever trying to connect. I've read through this entire forum, trying a few different things but to no avail! Please please help me :)

Dude ... The fact that you are doing it remotely has nothing to do with it. Check the logon credentials of the services.

Now that you changed the admin password ... You are going to have to edit all the services that used the admin account to startup.

Do this by
Start > Run > type "services.msc"
You'll find all the services here ...

Or i suppose you could just change the admin password back to what it used to be :) That'll be less work :)

Thanks for the info, I'll try the services.msc route. I've already tried just changing the admin password back to the origional before, but that didn't work. I'm not sure why it didn't but???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back