Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

qz01gs

Technical User
Jun 28, 2005
GB
Well I tried the CCNA for the first time on Tuesday and it was a tough one. I had probably 35 questions on one particular topic! What should my strategy be for the re-take? I took the 1 exam and found bits of it straight forward but I just got killed with so many questions on one particular topic. Is this common on cisco exams to focus heavily on certain areas? Is it worth giving the two part exam a go?

I fail my CCNA this Friday also. I only have 53 questions and most of them are on STP. 1 sim question, 1 drag and drop. Have to study better and try it again. One of the question I really don't understnad, could someone help me..

What is STP for?
1.) Prevent Routing loop
2.) Maintenance a loop free enviroment on Layer 2.

There other two is wrong, and I cannot decide which one of this is correct. Can someone help me on this.

unlucky that exam sucks! re-read up your stuff and you will pass 2nd time.

What is STP for?
1.) Prevent Routing loop

answer 2 was correct

I just went in for a review at a training college yesterday because they Cisco has changed the CCNA exam from having 15% on switching to 50% on switching. The similation is also on switching now. This is for Canada.

The CCNA exam hasn't changed, you were lucky just getting 50% on switching. When I failed first time i'd say it was at least 80% switching. The Sim has been switching since late August.

What is STP for?
1.) Prevent Routing loop

2 is the correct anwser..

Split Horizon is used to prevent routing loops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back