Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAILED CallPilot installation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARSBARS

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
US
My vendor just spent two weeks trying to install a CP on a Succession 3.0 81. The end result is that there was no audio coming out of the CPilot. Nortel is shipping a new one.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I am upgrading to 5.0 on the PBX but I wanted to separate the installations for just this reason. I can not shut down a hospital for an 'oops!" or that will be fixed in the next patch.

NARSBARS

What was the fix????

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

See Janaya's post. The new documentation specifies all of the connections to the back of the CP. Nortel has agreed the documentation AND all of the so called senior level technicians were wrong in the assistance they gave to my vendor.
I checked the docs, Nortel Engineers checked the docs and gave advice, and finally one Extremely bright guy (my vendor) said "What if they are wrong and it is off one?" I wish I had made the guess but Nortel had gone so far as to tell us that any other configuration would void the warranty and they would stop providing support.

Janaya was right.

NARSBARS

I will dig it out of the pile when the upgrade to 5.0 we are doing this weekend.

NARSBARS

woo woo....I got one...whod've thunk it.

Go Pats.

One other item which will cause Call Pilot to fail...although that was not the case here I might add that even if you are not using speech recognition you must install at least one speech recognition language. I have successfully installed languages using a networked CD drive on the 201i (which is no longer being manufactured). It is easier than bringing an external CD-ROM drive to the site. I haven't installed any of the other servers but I hear that the 1005r is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back