Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed ASR recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanamichi

Technical User
Aug 4, 2006
CH
hi,
i was recovering one of my servers via ASR in the other machine which is completely identical(same Model), but it seens that it is not working, I got these errors;

Recovery of C:\ saveset failed (128)
Recovery of D:\ saveset failed (128)
Recovery of E:\ saveset failed (128)
Recovery of System Files:\ saveset failed (128)
Recovery of System DB:\ saveset failed (128)
Recovery of System State:\ saveset failed (128)
"ASR cannot continue to this Machine"

after that i got no option but to cancel the operation, I feel that this ASR cannot work on recovering to a different machine, what shoul i do?

The reason could be:

"Cause: The NetWorker server could not resolve the host name for the Windows client being recovered
Fix: Add an entry to the \etc\hosts file of the NetWorker server for the client being recovered.

ASR is not designed to recover to another machine. It might work but it is not supported.

I think the obvious problems are related to the SYSTEM & ASR specific save sets. Of course nobody knows which detail exactly could cause the problem.

Could you establish a connection at all?

thanks for the prompt reply :)
i think becouse it identifies the server where to get connected and the host sees the client which i am trying to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back