Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fail to run JSP from ColdFusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadoltt

Programmer
Jun 9, 2005
CA
Hello All,

I have CF MX 7 Standard installed on my desktop PC (Windows XP professional, IIS 5.1) for development purposes. From what I read about CF MX 7, I get that it can run JSP. To test it I created a simple JSP page (hello.jsp):

Code:
<HTML>
  <head>
    <title>Test</title>
  </head>

<body>
    <% out.println("<H2>Hello! This is JSP</H2>"); %>
  </body>
</html>

and a simple CF template to call the JSP:

Code:
<HTML>
  <head>
    <title>Test</title>
  </head>

<body>
    In CF
    <BR>
    <cfscript>
      GetPageContext().include("hello.jsp");
    </cfscript>
  </body>
</html>

I got the following error message:

"A License Exception has been thrown. You tried to access a restricted feature for the Standard edition: JSP"

The question: Is it because I have standard, not enterprise version? Or is it something wrong with the server setup? What do I need to get JSP run under CF?

Thank you,
Alex

jrunrandy comments in livedocs that:
The ability to use JSP tag libraries is an Enterprise-only feature. I have asked the Product Manager to update the system requirements on macromedia.com.

Thank you, TruthInSatire,

Not a good message for me, but I don't kill messengers :)

Guys,

Is it too naive to ask if there is a way to put together CF with some of free JSP servers, such as Tomcat or anything else?

Thanks
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back