Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fail revovering data

Status
Not open for further replies.

damondevil

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2006
IT
Hi All,

i have installed NW 7.2 on a server with windows 2003, this server have a tape jukebox (Powervault 132t lto2). I have also installed several agent in a windows and linux server. Now i have tried to restore some data in a linux server, the restore process start but end with an error. This error is shown below.

Thanks in advance.

C.

-- snip --

Recovering 1 file from /var/netscreen/GuiSvr/ into /restoreVolumes needed (all on-line): 000040 at \\.\Tape0Requesting 1 file(s), this may take a while...Error encountered on the following files by NSR server `mir.lanspace':can not read record 2950 of file 65 on LTO Ultrium-2 tape 000040 ./.DIProfile_aux.nml @ Tue Aug 1 00:33:10 2006 Received 0 file(s) from NSR server `mir.lanspace'Recover errors with 1 file(s)Recover completion time: Wed Aug 2 14:44:54 2006

-- snip --

It looks like a tape error:
"can not read record xxx of file zzz" means that your tape is unreadable. Try with an other tape.

all tapes in jukebox ??? i can't believe

should be another problem, tape uncleaned ??

was the tape labelled in the windows device, and then used in the Linux device, could be a block size issue.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back