Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fail i/o message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sperri

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
AR
Hi, i'm new in the forum, i'm from Argentina.
I used FPW26 normally at my work, but a few days ago i've changed of computer, and install newlly the software. Now when i open some projects appers a message sayin 'Fallo de E/S' in english means 'Fail I/O' and seems that this happens with project that were saved in top-left screen position. I open the project in other computers normally, i move the project window to other position on the screen make any change and save it, and then i can open it in my computer.
This could solve this trouble, but the message appers also in some determined instances in the sistem that is globally installed (developed in FPW26) at my work and there be expenpensive to change it.
I think that the trouble is relationated with FPW trying to write in a position on the screen (or memory position) that is not accepted by the video board.
Does anybody has any idea of how to solve it???
Thanks to all of you.
PD: Excuse my bad english.

Try a different screen resolution, say 800x600. If that helps, then it could be video issues. More than likely though, it is a file/hard drive i/o issue.
Dave S.

I'va already tryed changing the screen resolution, but it doesn't work!!

Any chance the program was developed using a non-standard font that isn't installed on the new machine? When Windows can't find a font, it will substitute one it thinks is similar. I've never gotten a good answer as to how it can figure out what's "similar" without the original.

Rick

That is another problem I had forgotten about. The FAT32 issue.
I had to exclude a lot of files from my project, mostly .BMP files, because if they were built into the app/exe, I would get that error.
Experiment with excluding files and see if that clears things up.
By 'excluding', I mean marking them as excluded in the project, by openning the project and selecting
Project->Exclude from the menu bar.
Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back