Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Faded background layer of drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelSamad

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
GB
Hi there
I am new to QuarkXpress and need some help. Overall the design I am trying to achieve is a display page with what you could consider to be two layers. The first layer (background layer) is to be a simple line drawing with rectangles, arrows etc.- they are to be quite lightly in the background. Then the foreground layer is to be strongly coloured characters over this light/faded background. Can anyone please advise me on the easiest way to achieve this. Also, in Quark terms - are these called layers?
Thanks
Raphael

It depends... is the background image black/white, greyscale or colour?

Kind Regards
Duncan

Hi Duncdude,
Thank you very much for your reply. My original idea was to do the background image in colour but if that is not possible or it is very difficult then greyscale would be fine.
Best regards
Raphael

no problem... just load image into Photoshop / double-click the 'Background' layer to 'Make Layer' / set opacity in the same place until picture looks as desired / flatten image / save with a new name (don't destroy original) / import into Quark

Kind Regards
Duncan

Hi Duncdude
Many thanks for your very helpful suggestion. I shall try that and I am sure that it will work.
Best regards
Raphael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back