Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fade in and out images with text scrooling vertically

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYSNET

Technical User
Aug 20, 2002
LK
I wanted the several images fade in and fade out contineously with text scrllong vertically on the left side
of it like I did it but the images are not as smmoth when change to the second image likewise.I insert keyframes in 15th,30th,45th,60th,75th,90th.and imported the three images to the 1st,31st,61st key frames and set alpha to 0% and motion tween. And I wrote actionscripts to 30th,60th and 90th as GO to and Play{frame31}
GO to and Play{frame61}
GO to and Play{frame1}
In a seperate layer I put textbolock and converted to asymbol,behavior as graphic. I insert a keyframe and motion tweened but it dissapeares annd comes back. I want that vertical text to be scrolled contineously.I am novice to the flash anyone would helpme.Thanks.

Well first you should have 2 movie clips. One called images and the other scrolling text. Then in your main scene you should have 2 layers. Top layer should be "text" and the bottom layer "images".

The easiest way to do this is by creating your images clip first. To do this place your first image in your document. With your image selected go to insert/convert to symbol. Name it "Images" and make sure movie clip is checked. Then click ok. Now go down to your image and right click on it. Click on "edit in place". In here I would create a new layer for every image. First layer will have frames from 1 to 40. The next layer will have your next image starting at frame 41 to 80. Keep doing that until you've all your images the way you want. Now go back to the main scene and create a new layer above your images layer. Call it "scrollingtext". Type out your text then go up to "insert/convert to symbol". Name it "scrolling text" and make sure you've movie clip checked. Now go down and right click on your text and pick edit in place. In the first frame drag your text until it's off the scene. Then go up to "insert/create motion tween". then go up to your time line and right click on frame 50 and pick "insert key frame". That's it now go test your movie.

Well first you should have 2 movie clips. One called images and the other scrolling text. Then in your main scene you should have 2 layers. Top layer should be "text" and the bottom layer "images".

The easiest way to do this is by creating your images clip first. To do this place your first image in your document. With your image selected go to insert/convert to symbol. Name it "Images" and make sure movie clip is checked. Then click ok. Now go down to your image and right click on it. Click on "edit in place". In here I would create a new layer for every image. First layer will have frames from 1 to 40. The next layer will have your next image starting at frame 41 to 80. Keep doing that until you've all your images the way you want. Now go back to the main scene and create a new layer above your images layer. Call it "scrollingtext". Type out your text then go up to "insert/convert to symbol". Name it "scrolling text" and make sure you've movie clip checked. Now go down and right click on your text and pick edit in place. In the first frame drag your text until it's off the scene. Then go up to "insert/create motion tween". then go up to your time line and right click on frame 50 and pick "insert key frame". Then with frame 50 selected drag your text so that's all the way up above your scene. That's it now go test your movie.

Hi Tech120,

Thanks. It works but it scrolls fast. I want smooth scrolling slowly. I used 12fps, and reduce it also doesn't
work.

RYSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back