Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Factory Reset UT880

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamThePhoneMan10

Technical User
Jul 17, 2020
US
We bought a Ut880 touch screen desk phone off of a gentleman on eBay and he doesn’t know the pin to get into the phone to reset. Is there a way to factory reset the phone without the lock screen pin.

I will try this when I’m at the terminal next. The eBay seller said this as well in reference to pin/factory reset

“ has to be done using the PBX software in which the phone is connected with administration tools. This is how my other clients do it. ”

No success with using 0000. I brought up the emergency call feature and the MLC app appears to have a profile built for an extension from the previous owner. Back to the drawing board for me.

Can you log in with the default codes?
HOLD + TRF + * + # = log in, 6633222 (nec) = password.
IF you can then follow the prompts to do a factory value reset.

UT880 is an Android device with an NEC MLC app installed, the password is in the OS, there is nothing in the manuals about removing the password and there is no default password as far as I know. You may need to contact NTAC and see if they have a procedure or possibly get the software and do a reload.

3racefan3 is correct. No physical buttons as well on these phones just a touch screen. I was told by a vendor that the only way to reset the Lock Screen pin was a certain command in SV9300/9500 in the original switch it was attached to, other than that it is a paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back