Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Factory default older Cajun P330

Status
Not open for further replies.

psalm62

MIS
Jan 23, 2003
US
I have a set of 3 Cajun P330 switches that were previously in a stack configuration. We want to use them in warehouses, but they are still holding the stack configuration - I cannot change the IP addresses. I want to factory default them to their original settings........any one know how I do that?? I need to get one of these up and running ASAP.

Thanks!! Kim

The command to restore to factory defaults is nvram initialize.

If you've forgotten the password connect a console cable and use root as username and password ggdaseuaimhrke . This enters you into superuser mode and you can then use the set username command to change the password.

I am having the same type of problem with a P334T with SW Version 4.0.17 on it. I tried the root and password above but no luck.

Does anyone know of a backdoor into this switch so we can reset the passwords etc?

I tried the nvram initialize and it will not default...it is looking for the master module and won't even reset. Any one know of any other way to default this switch???

Thanks!! Kim

Also I have a P334T, and I also tried root and password above with no lucky, what to do?

Well fortunately our unit is still under warranty, so Avaya said we had to RMA it and send it in to be repaired.

So off it goes for 4 weeks...

They should have some hard reset capability on the systems to zero out the ram or at least default the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back