Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

facing pages top and bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

bldg13

Technical User
Oct 2, 2001
US
is there a way to create a document with facing pages in indesign that binds top and bottom rather left right?

thanks!

...not that i've heard of, indesign only works with a spine bind left and right hand pages...

...your best solution is to work in single page (landscape pages for example) rather than facing page mode and design your pages in order they will appear in the final product, with bleeds around all edges if needed...

...is the booklet to be wirobound, saddle stitched or perfect bound?

...if perfect bound your cover will need to be designed with consideration to glueing and number of pages used for text, and also created in a seperate document as a printers spread...

andrew

thanks for the reply apepp
the ducument is going to be spiral bound or wiro or something similar.

i have done this before in single page layout but was just hoping to be able to tell easier which pages went together when opened (like a calendar)

i guess i could do facing pages and turn my monitor on its side... ;)

thanks!

Over on the adobe user forum, someone has asked about this before and I am sure there is a script somewhere.

Here's the link:

If you have never used a script, it's really very easy, and is explained at bottom of first post:

"Copy the script to your favourite editor. Save the script as plain text with the extension .js (CS) or .jsx (CS2) in the subfolder Presets\Scripts of the InDesign program folder, e.g. rotatepages.jsx. Run the script by doubleclicking on its name in the script palette".

I haven't used this particular script, but I have used others and been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is.

i did a search there before posting here (searched here too). i did not see anything... ill look again, trying different search words

thanks!

I used 'calendar' and it also came up under 'scripts'.

I set up a book with a gutter.. only to find out it needed to be set up via perfect bound. So I had to change the bleed.

Now I am having to back into the corrected way. I unchecked facing and now all the pages are lined up one on top of another however now the master page numbering is wrong.

Anyone know how I could fix my 184 page book? Once I unchecked facing the thing kind of fell apart.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back