Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FAC to Change Security code with SIP Phone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiikeMoriss

Vendor
Sep 5, 2012
CA
Hi there

Can't change the security code on SIP Phone – The FAC change only THE Security Code in the CM station form – Need a solution to change the Communication Profile Password in SMgr from users enpoint. We tried with H323 and work perfect.

CM/SMgr 7.0
9608 SIP

Is there a new fonction/solution? I don't find!!

Thanks

You can't change the Communication profile password in System manager anywhere other than system manager for an endpoint , you can administer the endpoint locally via the craft menu and change the endpoint details , but this will obviously need to match in SMGR , you can do import of templates for endpoints but again this will not get you away from using SMGR.

Because the phone registers to SM and requests PPM info from CM this is maybe were you are getting confused , CM is really there to provide the phone with features not a facility for administration.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

I don't think there's a SIP feature to do that - though it would be nice. It might increase helpdesk calls a bit, but forcing changing communication profile passwords every so often, and putting that in the user's hands would take away the management from the administrator.

And then have a password reset mechanism like everything else on the planet where you get an email, click a link, and can set a new password would make life a lot easier.

I guess for some reason Avaya's really keen on keeping us admins managing user passwords...

AFAIK, there is a web interface into SMGR where users can change their password.

So if you are happy to use the self prove feature , this will provide exactly what you require , i only did not suggest this as you wanted to try CM as a method , but the self provisioning method is quick and simple for your end users.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Just as a side note as long as the H.323 endpoint exists in the SMGR data base(which it should) you can change the passwords for those endpoints too , maybe something you want to consider so it is always the same method used for password resets.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Thanks

I tried this new feature and work perfectly. For now we'll DNS to hide the SMGR IP or we'll use build something with a ISS service to redirec to SMGR. Because standard user don't have access to VOIP network servers.

We'll see.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back