Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

F12 won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokeeffe

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
IE
Hi All

I am using dreamweaver as my development tool, which was working fine but when I go and press F12 to preview my pages I keep getting the following message. I have done a re-install and still I keep getting this message.
Can someone please help this has stopped my development. Don't know how to fix this

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Sounds like your site properties for Testing Server are incorrectly set. Go to Site|Edit Sites and check Testing Server settings

I have done this also and still the problem persists
any other idea's ?

can you load any page via your local server?

[Peace][Pipe]

No, the iis service needs to be restarted it had stopped
Tks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back