Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageWine

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2002
GB
Sometimes I get this error when compiling using Delphi 2010. Most of the time Delphi works fine. It tends to happen when Delphi has not been used for many hours (Delphi shut down). The only way I have found to fix is to restart the computer. Once the problem occurs it is not even possible to compile a newly created project.

I have checked the various paths, $BDS substitution and everything seems correct. The DOS path starts "C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\lib".

I have Delphi 6 and Delphi 7 also installed, but have removed all reference to them from path statements.

Does anyone know what causes this? Ideally I would like the problem to go away, but a even a fix that does not involve restarting the computer would leave me singing your praises.

Check to make sure that you have all of the updates installed.

There are hidden menu items in earlier versions of Delphi that might still be hidden in 2010. One of them allows you to clear the unit cache - perhaps that might help:

There is this page for how to handle some types of internal errors:

Andy's Fix Pack contains some goodies:

Thank-you DjangMan.

The problem has just recurred and I have worked my way through all your suggestions, but regretfully none have fixed the problem.

Interestingly computer has been on for about 24 hours (hibernating overnight). I started Delphi for the first time since the boot and system.pas not found.

Thanks majlumbo.

For future readers the link recommends removing duplications in the path. This is what I did.

-> Control Panel
-> System
-> Environment variables
Deleted all Delphi related references (later had to put back "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RAD Studio\7.0\Bpl").
Deleted any path references to programs no longer user or no longer installed.

-> Delphi
-> Tools
-> Options
-> Environment Options
-> Environment Variables
Checked following vars
BDS
BDSCOMMONDIR
BDSPROJECTDIR
BDSUSERDIR
All were credible.
Checked rest of environment vars for anything that might cause a duplicate path, none found.

-> Still in Delphi / Tools / Options
-> Environment Options
-> Delphi options
-> Library - Win32
-> Library path
Amended so $(BDS....) notation used throughout.
Removed any possible duplicates.
Removed anything greyed (= not found).
Removed anything no longer required.

Checked all other entries in "Library - Win32". All seemed OK.

Checked all entries in "Library - Translated". All seemed OK and used $(BDS...) notation.

-> Restarted Delphi (but did not restart Windows :)).

-> Build all ............ and it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back