Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

F-985 does not display DN Ext? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiephones

Technical User
Nov 11, 2007
US
StarTalk Mini,using Feat-985 does not Display DN. Lcd comes up only showing SET and nothing Else??? However Auto Att answers both Channels ok, & Indv MB's ring no answer is ok. This condition will not allow me to use NIGHT services mode for Startalk...I'm not sure if a power reset will solve this or will I have to default the Mini & start over again? Anyone suggestions would be helpful.----Thanks-----Ed

You must be using the Mini on a newer system. In this case F985 will display blank. Just forward to the DN you have connected to the Mini. If you don't know the DN dial extension numbers until you see a Log: prompt. That's the one you want.

Brian Cox

Or plug Vmail cord into a telephone and Ftr*0, intercom.

Adversity is Opportunity

In This case my DN for the Mini is 244,and adding 244 for Night Ringing does not work....Where would I forward the Mini DN to for Night Service? I also tested the MICS with other software cartridges and F985 did shown the DN port. The answer maybe changing software & Reprogramming everything over-----Thanks for the feedback on this---Ed

If you want a full featured Auto Attendant, you're going to have to upgrade the VM.

The Mini has an AA, but just one table. You need your Vmail DN in Ringing Group 2, and take default recpt. out. Then apply Ringing Group 2, to your incomong lines. You need a Ringing Services button (Ftr871) on your Control Set for your incoming lines.

Adversity is Opportunity

A Big Thanks to Deweyhumbolt,his answer right on! Used his advice & Night Ringing to MINI worked OK----THANKS---Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back