Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extremely Weired Problem with MS Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

fj62alex

MIS
Jul 24, 2006
US
Hi,

I've never ever seen this before. I have Win XP Pro SP3. I installed MS Office 2003. Everything were fine, i was able to send and receive emails. All of a sudden, I can receive but I cannot send any emails. I closed outlook and went to control panel and opened Mail, went to Change an exsting email account. Checked all the settings and ports. POP3 is configured wity port 110 and the SMTP --> with Port 587 and I checked the box "My Outgoing (SMTP) server requires Authentication" in Outgoing Server Tab. Also I checed the box "The server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)". Here is WEIRED PART. If I click on "Test Account Settings", IT DOES WORK FINE, but I open Outlook and try to send a message, it doesn't work and the message stays in Outbox.
I am puzzled and if anyone have an idea or a suggestion how to fix this annoying problem, that would be awesome.
By the way, I tried to "Detect and Repair" option and it didn't do anything.

Thanks,
Alex

What happens when you send an email?

Do you receive an error message?

Does the email just sit in your Outbox?

Have you tried manually clicking on the SEND/RECEIVE button?

Have you checked the SEND/RECEIVE settings? (Tools --> Options)

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Hi Jason,

I don't receive any error messages when I send email. It just sitting in Outbox. I've also tried to increase the Server Timeouts to 5 minutes. It worked for a little bit and then went back to the same problem. I tried even to increase to 10 minutes and still the same thing. By the way, I am using a Belkinh USB wireless adapter. I don't have any issues with browsing an internet. I don't see anything anything abnormal in Send/Receive options. I always perform manual Send/Receive.
Any other suggestions???????????

Thanks,
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back