Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extreme summit 48 password recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbis

Technical User
Jul 23, 2002
US
I know this question has been asked before but has anyone
out there been able to recover their password on an extreme summit 48 switch. I have tried holding down the spacebar and going through the bootrom and killing the primary and secondary bootrom images and the switch still comes up asking for an admin password. I have 2 of these with this problem. thanks for any help.

In the BootROM Menu,

A) Select the primary code image by hitting 1. (Select primary code image)

B) After the primary image is selected select k to erase selected configuration. (k is Erase selected configuration)

C) Choose d to force default configuration and then "f" to boot on board flash.

After your Extreme switch resets and you are prompted with a login enter in admin, hit enter twice
entering a blank password at the password prompt. You should now have admin level access.

It is easy! Isn't it?
Hope this helps,

- Elca

these particular switches do not allow that. I have already tried that with no success. we have 20 other summit 48,s that reset fine. these 2 however do not. I have also even tried loading a new image via the console cable and booting from that with no success. thanks for the reply :)

Tim

Great,

It works also on a Extreme Alpine 3804 Switch

Thanks

I have had a similiar problem to yours timbis, I had to RMA the switch back to Extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back