Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extreme newb formmail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezzi5

Technical User
Dec 15, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have put together a perl script using FormsToGo. Everything seems fine and the form returns a successful submission, but i am not receiving the email.

I can email the .pl and .html file if anyone has time to look at it.

Regards

what r u trying to do? E-mail every thing that was submitted? If so, u should search CPAN for a mail module or if u are on a *nix platform mailx || sendmail..

My favourite module for sending mail is MIME::Lite, although there are others available such as Mail::Send and Mail::Mailer.

E.g. of MIME::Lite (
Code:
my ($email);
use MIME::Lite;
$email = MIME::Lite->new(From    => $from,
To      => $to,
Subject => $subject,
Type    => 'multipart/mixed');
$email->attach(Type    => 'TEXT',
Data    => $message);

Or alternatively, use sendmail (
Chris

yes max1x, i have about 9 fields that people fill in for an online estimate and a single submit button to send to my email address. I cant work out what is wrong because everything seems correct and i dont have the technical knowledge to see what is wrong. I'm having a look at yours and Zhris's alternatives.

I've been given the:

/usr/sbin/sendmail and
/usr/bin/perl paths from my webspace provider.

Also the whole webspace is apparantly CGI active so no need to a cgi-bin directory.

Also i'm using all relative paths (i'm not sure what the absolute paths are)

eg) </tr>
</table>
<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="mail.pl">
<table width="541" border="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back