Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extreme 350 head cleaning measures..

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintock

Technical User
Jun 15, 2003
US
I have a junk 350 that I'm spending way too much time fooling with, that I finally managed to get through all it's warm up paces, only to find I'm unable to clear the head. This one has many blank stripes on the clean test page. I've used a heart breaking amount of ink in self-cleaning modes, even raising the head temp then cleaning all for naught.

Before I either scrap this thing or take my chances with a used replacement head, is there some un-orthodox last ditch way to attempt a head clean? I tried scrubbing with cloth and naptha, nothing, alchohol, nada.

I got a few jets cleared by clamping a silicone rubber suction cup in a pair of surgical clamps and pulling ink through while the head was hot, simulating an extreme cwp.
But after a little while the suction cup gave out in the heat.

ANyone try boiling the head in a vat of gasoline, or soaking it in hot acetone for several hours? I wonder...

Unless you realy like working on this thing as a hobby I would say find a used printhead on ebay. As for cleaning with a vat of solvent... NO. To dangerous. Asside from flamability issues what if some solvent got entraped in some of the feed tubes? A bubble of solvent in the cold wax could become an unplesant surprise when heated to full head temperature. Good luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back