Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extranet Client unable to connect to host

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinous

MIS
Apr 9, 2002
US
I'm running a Win2k server with 2 nic's, one for the modem and one connected to a hub. I have a Win98 PC on the hub running Nortel's Bay network Extranet Client. Before installing the server, the cable modem was connected to the win98 PC and was working fine. Since installing the server, I am unable to connect to the host. The server is a used one and had Internet Connection Sharing enabled. The Nortel techs said the VPN client does not work with ICS. I removed ICS and enabled Routing and Remote access. Still no go. I've ben relying on the built in instructions for Win2K to configure the server. I can ping the host, and have internet access from all PCs on the hub. One section refers to ports but ther are no ports listed under the server in the Router and Remote Access window. Any ideas where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure the Nortel client will work when your win2k server is doing NAT.

Have you considered switching the config? Put the Nortel client on the win2k box - let it establish your VPN, then pick up something like winroute to be able to share that connection with the rest of your LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back