Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extracting pages from PDF docs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostin

Vendor
Feb 22, 2003
US
I have several PDF documents that I want to shorten or change. How can I take certain pages out of a document and make it it's own document while preserving the original.

you can use pdfsplit or pdfselect of rocsky.com

it is free and acrobat free

RocSky SPlitPDF:Split one multipage Pdf document into one page PDF Documents
RocSky PDFMerger:Merge many a PDF document in a folder into one PDF document

Pls visit

I'm not sure why the responses to the original question are so complex? You don't need to run a script or purchase new software to do this.

Assuming you have Acrobat, first make a copy of the original file. If anything goes wrong in the process, you still have this to go back to.

Open a copy of the PDF in Acrobat, then go to Document>Extract pages. Type in the page(s) you want to extract. You will be asked if you want to delete the extracted pages from the original document. You can choose yes or no - if the latter, you end up with the original PDF intact OR you can always go back later after the process has worked successfully and delete the pages.

The extracted pages are automatically opened in a new PDF which you can then save with a filename and location of your choice. Continue the process of extracting pages from the original until you have made whatever new PDFs you want.

Eggles,

Good point. I made the assumption that the inquiry was for programmatic methods. When a user mentions a task that they want to repeat across several documents, I automatically think "script".

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Assuming you have Acrobat? acrobat is free? no ,but pdfsplit is free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back