Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extracting Data from Peachtree CA 11 for DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rguevara

Programmer
Jan 26, 2006
US
Does anybody knows how can i extract inventory data from Peachtree Complete Accounting 11 for DOS(I know it's a old version, but my employers uses it!).

I think you used an SQL export. It's been years. I do think there is a way however.

Bill Couture

You can use crytal reports to get to most of the data provided that the .ddf files are there and the fields are exposed to the .ddfs. Once it is in Crystal, you can export it to Excel. Would that work for you?

I have worked with a lot of Peachtree data, although not quite as old as yours, and I am very sure this could be done. Exactly what data elements are you looking for?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

You have to forgive my ignorance, please correct me, but I don't see a ddf file, in the directory that holds the inventory data their are files that have a .d??, s??, k?? extension where the ?? is name of the company(are those the ddf files), basicly what I need is the name of the product, the deparment it belongs, description and the extended description.

Do I point crystal reports to the .d?? files?

.dXX and XX is the company? That is totally unlinke the Peachtree that I know. There should be a directory for each company, so the convention you are using would not be necessary. Please perform a search for .ddf files and if they are not there then I haven't a clue.

You might post on
Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

You can use Peachtree Data Query (PDQ)to export data from Peachtree. Do you have PDQ listed on your main menu in Peachtree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back