Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extract report definitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElvisUntot

Programmer
Jan 8, 2002
DE
i am searching for a way to get the COMPLETE structure of a report into an xml or txt file (and hopefulle, but not required) back again for a automatic check what was changed between 2 versions of an report.

the export report definitions in the file/export menue is not complete :(

if anyone has an idea...

Export shows the report output, not its structure - apart from Report Definition, which gives an outline.

You should have lots of exports, including Excel, which higher versions of Crystal can read. What do you have available?

And what version of Crystal?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Madawc wrote:
> Export shows the report output, not its structure -
> apart from Report Definition, which gives an outline.

yes something like report definition i thought about, but much more detailed.

> And what version of Crystal?

IdoMillet wrote:
> Look into:
a colleague of mine uses it sometimes, but it seems to ignore some of the formulas that are in the report.
and the other problem is, it looks like you can only get the structure, formulas,... piece by piece and not as one file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back