Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extract Recorded Calls from BCM Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

gv82

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
I have a customer that wants to record phone calls. I described some of the possible solutions. They are interested in using F989 for the simple reason that it's the only free solution. They asked if it would be possible to extract the audio files from the system backup file. Has anyone tried this?

No but i`m going to look at a backup later see what i can find..

If its not broke tweak it..

What version BCM is it ?

If its not broke tweak it..

BCM 400. Software 4.0. Let me know if you need any more information regarding the system info.

We found the following poking around. It looks like the system stores the files in voicecti\filepool\x where x is a number from 1-9. If you look in directories 1-9, you find binary files that look about right in size to be voicemail system recordings.

The easier/cheaper solution would be to have them buy a "unified messaging license 1 seat" and have them forward the messages to that specific mailbox. It will be allready converted to wav format versus the ones in the bcm that are vbk files fo sure.
Less effective but much cheaper then a real recording solution (algo etc..)!

gberger,

I had written that idea off because we use Lotus Notes and the Nortel UM installer breaks our customer Lotus Notes email template.

However, it would not be too much trouble to setup one PC with Outlook (perhaps the one that is running RCC) and everyone could simply forward messages to that voicemail account.

I'll see how that settles with my customer. Thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back