Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extract Picture from a Word Documen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb1

Technical User
Apr 19, 2002
US
some customers send me word documents that include a picture. When I copy and paste the picture the quality is always poor.
Is there a way for me to extract this pictures and obtain the best quality possible, or should I ask my customer to send me the pictures on a separate document?

Thanks in advance.
Louis

Hi, Microsoft says there is a problem with copying pictures (article Q269947)

You could try the following work around from Microsoft:

Change the Picture to a Floating Picture
To change an inline picture to a floating picture, follow these steps:

Click to select the picture.

On the Format menu, click Picture, and then click the Layout tab.

Select the wrapping style that you want, and then click OK. (To change a floating picture to an inline picture, click In line with text under Wrapping style.)

Copy and paste the picture.

I'd want to know the format of the picture. If it's a .bmp get a better version (.jpg or .gif or .tif) - nothing can help a .bmp get better.

Usually it's best to get the graphic file sent by itself and not in another file (like Word or Excel).

C
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Insanity is a matter of Perception.

I wish but I have to do with what they send me. Woll try to get the jpg file in the mean time.
Thanks

Try this - it worked for me.
1. In word, highlight the picture and look at its properties to determine its size. Then copy it to the clipboard.
2. Using Powerpoint, change the page size to match the dimensions of the picture.
3. Paste the picture in Powerpoint. Be careful - sometimes the paste won't end up on the "canvas" and you will have to drag it there.
4. Save it as jpeg or gif.

I tried pasting into other programs (Photoshop, paint), but this seemed to do the best.

Thanks Atomix, it's real neat!
Directly copy + paste into other programs
indeed ruins the picture quality, even if
it's already a floating image...
I never thought about using PowerPoint
this way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back