Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extract mails from all mailboxes into one .pst file !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramc

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hi all,

I want to extract all the mails from hundreds of mailboxes on many exchnage servers into one .pst file. Can you please tell me how to do this quickly?

Thanks in advance.

Paramc

Either slowly via Outlook / other e-mail reader or via Ontrack PowerControls through the .edb file

Dave

Hundreds of mailboxes into ONE pst? Seeing as most pst's begin to implode at about 1.8 GB, I hope those mailboxes don't have much data in them....

Hi Dave,
Can you please explai in detail that how to extract from EDB file via ontrack power controls?

Thanks in advance.

Paramc

Hi Dave,
Can you please explain in detail that how to extract from EDB file via ontrack power controls?

Thanks in advance.

Paramc

By tweaking the registry you can have all mail within the exchange organisation passing through 1 mailbox i.e. copy of all mail this will obviously have a detremental efect on the organisation depending on size a structure then possible burn on to CD as pst and keep. Njoy!

"Paranoia is reality on a finer scale...."

Indeed, but like brontosaurus said, PST aren't good when they get big. If you have to have them in PST format put them in several smaller ones.

Yoyoyo.. chillax for a second there :)

The SIMPLEST way is to use ExMerge. The purpose of this program is to extract mailboxes from Exchanges .EDB to a .PST (and back if you want). Praise JEESSSUUUSSS for ExMerge ;)

Very Very cool proggie. I belive that it is included in the Microsoft BackOffice ResKit. The Exch2000 ver is included somewhere on the Exchange 2000 CD.

For More info:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back