Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extract data from Microsoft Exchange 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhancoc2

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
US
We're using Actuate V7 SP2 (running on Win2K). I need to connect to, and extract data from, Microsoft Exchange V4? (running on Win2K). Has anyone done this type of operation previously? After looking at the JavaObjectInterfaceExample that is used as an example with eRD Pro, I wonder if there are ways to utilize this type of scheme to accomplish my task.

I've not done it myself, but found this on another site:

It's possible to use Microsoft Exchange as a datasource by using DAO and Microsoft Jet Exchange installable ISAM. This ISAM is a driver by which you will be able to Access Exchange Data by DAO. ISAM driver comes with Outlook and MS Exchange.

In Actuate u can use Createobject for creating the instance of this object and access all the methods of the DAO.

For example u can search in MSDN or for "Accessing Exchange data using Visual Basic.."

You will have to implement this DAO in Actuate..refer Using an OLE Automation example or Createobject example in Actuate.

Best wishes,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back