Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extra rights to a user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve95

MIS
Nov 3, 2004
US
Hi All

Iam using BOXi Rel 1, I have a user which belongs to a group. What I need to do is allow this user to be able to reschedule reports which have been created by another user of the same group?

Anyone ideas how this is done?

Kind Regards

Have you tried going into the cmc\folders\objects, select the report, click rights, add\Removethen in the selectoperation drop down, select users, find theusers name, add him\her click "OK" and give them the necessary rights. I'm guessing "View on demand" unless the inherited rights will give them permissions to schedule a report.

Thanks for the above Robbie, but Iam thinking is thier not a way where I can just go into the user profile and add these permissions rather than allowing this permission on the report. The reason Iam asking it could be this user might in the future need to reschedule others reports that this group has access to.

Kind Regards

No, there's no way to set access rights for specific reports at the user level.

Also, instead of granting schedule rights to a specific user, I would add a new user group and give schedule access for specific reports to that group. That way, if this person leaves and/or someone else needs to have the schedule rights, you don't have to remember exactly how you set the original user up - you just assign the user to the group to give the schedule rights. Make administration MUCH easier!

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hilfy's recommendation is how I have our security set up but there are some people who are part of a Group (say Retal) who need to be able to access the Accounting reports. So, rather than grant access to the whole Retail Group and because I don't want to the person from Retail to be able access ALL of the reports Accounting can access, I will just add the individual to either the folder or the report depending on their needs.

Remember that granting a user access to a specific report does NOT mean that the user has access to the folder in which that report resides. So, if your users use the folder "tree" to get to their reports, the user will not be able to see folder in which the report resides. However, Search and Categories work a the report level and not the folder level, so a user will see all the reports there that he/she can access regardless of whether the user has access to the folder where the report is located.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back